Monday, February 05, 2007

Original, Groundbreaking Sports Headline

I haven’t blogged about sports in a while, but today I have something special. I have a hard-hitting, groundbreaking, monumental headline that I have seen no local or national sportswriters cover since Superbowl XLI ended yesterday.

And I can’t figure out why nobody in the media has covered it. My best guess at an explanation is that this story is being swept aside by these two major stories:
1. Peyton Manning finally succeeding in winning “the big game.”
2. Tony Dungy being the first African-American coach to win the Superbowl.

And those two things are great. They are big headlines. But every, and I mean EVERY, newspaper/news website/blog has something to say about those stories. I am providing you with a new headline/story/teaser that I guarantee no one else has.

And on top of discovering this story, I’m giving this one away. I want a professional to do some further research, add a little finesse, and then publish this story for all to read. If some national or local writer wants to take this and run with it, I’m giving him or her full reign. Write away. John Clayton, Peter King, Bill Simmons, Peter Hockaday, heck, even John Canzano, I allow you a crack at this headline.

Are you ready? Here is it:

Lovie Smith, the first (and only) African-American coach to lose the Superbowl.

No comments: